Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@uslink.net>
Date: 07/07/04-07:08:23 PM Z

> How many of you gum printers use four separations? I have read that the
> K carries much of the contrast and therefore screws up colour balance. I
> was just wondering who prefers RGB, who prints with CMYK??????

Kate,
     I use RGB separations. When I print with a cyano layer, the dark cyano
layer masks any dull dark with zing. Which is why my original suggestion to
up pigment (the blue layer) was made. Either printing the cyano deep enough
or printing another layer of blue over any dull dark should do the
trick--similar to what you suggest with the Payne's Gray. I'll have to try
your idea and see if Payne's is better than thalo, as per Bill's suggestion
of using a black layer, I would think Payne's would be closer.
Chris