Re: Gum Tri-Color

From: wrleigh@att.net
Date: 07/08/04-08:28:57 AM Z

I absolutely agree. I'm just saying that if you want Black or Neutral Gray, you can't get there by just CMY, you need to use Black or Neutral Gray.

As I've mentioned, I've been doing computer printers for 15 years and software for many more years. People ask why I don't do digital photography with my background in printers. When I get home at night, one of the last things that I want to do is sit in front of a monitor tweaking digital images. I much prefer the hands-on wet chemistry of my darkroom, and the magic of making a print and seeing an image emerge out of the solutions. I still get a charge out of watching a blank piece of paper setting in Dektol turn into a B/W print, and the alt-processes are even more alchemy. Much of the time the image is what I envisioned. Sometimes, it is much better than what I expected and sometimes it is worse. It's the creativity of making something with my own hands (or tongs) and the unexpected positive results that I enjoy.

--
Bill Leigh
wrleigh@att.net