RE: Editioning ... and Unique Works of Art

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/09/04-01:10:49 AM Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Ender100@aol.com [mailto:Ender100@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, 8 July 2004 6:01 p.m.
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: Editioning ... and Unique Works of Art

Some thoughts on editioning.

I wonder if editioning prints is more of a benefit to galleries than it
is to photographers? I have heard a number of photographers say that
they were asked by galleries to provide limited editions of prints or
they would not accept the work.

I've seen a lot of editioned prints in galleries that left me thinking
that the world would have been a better place if the photographer had
destroyed the negative before making the edition.

“Swans sing before they die:
 ‘Twere a good thing
 If some people died before they sing.

 – not able to attribute but I think maybe Ogden Nash.

Cheers
Kate

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.