Re: RE: Inkjet Transparencies Scratching

From: jpptprnt@verizon.net
Date: 07/10/04-05:11:34 AM Z

Jon,

You may need to to rethink the amount of presure that the vac frame is using.
You could be driving the pigment into the surface of the plate. Remember that
the plate surface is semi hard and will suck things into it. Also look at how
the surface of the glass is getting from the light source a fan may help on
this part. Or how about a thin sheet of mylar or poly whatever in between see
if the pigment comes off on that. Of course you may just need to let the
inkjets cure and dry real good before exposure.

At times, in working with Dans' plates it looked as though moisture was
released from the plate during exposure.

Jan Pietrzak