Re: Inkjet Transparencies Scratching

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 07/10/04-08:30:00 AM Z

I don't know of a protective spray. I'm wondering exactly what is
happening here. Are you putting small pieces of polymer plates (smaller
than the image) under the digital neg, putting that into a vacuum
easle, and getting scratches at the edge of the small (test) plate? If
I've understood, you may need to decrease the vacuum (as Jan already
suggested) or put some material the same height as the plates around
your plate. I'm wondering if your vacuum isn't pulling so hard on the
dig neg that it is scrapping on the edge of the small (test) plate?
Other than loving to hold fingerprints, I haven't had damaged neg
problems with Pictorico, a 1280 , and dye based inks. I always allow my
negs to dry for at least 1/2 hour before use (perhaps superstition, not
tested).

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com