Re: Linda Connor's process

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 07/10/04-11:32:28 AM Z

Linda's work is photographed with an 8x10 camera. Her negatives are
"bullet-proof" as she states herself.
All work is printed on Chicago Albumen Works POP in her backyard in
printing frames. Therefore virtually all of her work but for a few that
have been copied, enlarged and made into Pl/Pd prints are contact size
images.
After the work is printed, which she inspects as they develop up over a
period of minutes or even an hour depending upon the weather (but in
her backyard of San Anselmo, CA, the weather is more often than not
gorgeous with open light). They are then fixed, washed and toned in
Kodak T-53 Gold Toner (Part A = Ammonium Thiocyanate & Part B = Gold
Chloride). This toning removes the 'orange' look.color of the POP and
transforms it to the purplish-brown familiar tasty color of the POP.

Jack Fulton