Re: plate holders for dummies

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 07/14/04-02:53:08 AM Z

From: Jon Danforth <jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: plate holders for dummies
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:10:09 -0400

> Do you know of a way to calculate or measure this? The offset, I'd imagine,
> would only be the thickness of a single sheet of film (anyone have this
> measurement handy?). I'd prefer to calculate it and input that into my
> design.

Do you mean the thickness of glass used to make dry plates?

Depending on the era I see "fifteen to an inch," "about 1/16 of an
inch," and 1.6mm. I think 1/16" and 1.6mm are more common later than
earlier ones but am not sure. There is about 1mm discrepancy between
1/15" and 1/16". Oh, I'm talking about 6.5x8.5 or smaller. Some larger
plates used thicker glass.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.