Re: gum redevelopment

From: Giovanni Di Mase ^lt;gdimase@hotmail.com>
Date: 07/14/04-01:32:10 PM Z

What I mean is that with the hot water the gum is subject to a major heat
force
to dissolve and it does dissolve but not as much as we like in many stubborn
cases or overexposed cases.
When you hang the print there is the physical water weigh on the paper
fibers also trying to break away the molecules of gum and pigment and some
of them are already too weak.
Don't let it dry !
Put them back on hot water and you will see what I mean melting like
"butter", obviously it has some limitations and I am working on them too.
None of this is written on any book and obviously I call it Giovanni process
:)
I hope you guys find it helpful.
Giovanni