Re: comments on Fuji Finepix S7000

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 07/16/04-11:09:24 PM Z

Hi:

As it turns out, one of the electronics chains here (Future Shop) had the
Olympus C8080 on sale starting today. It was cheaper here than any of
the Canadian online camera shops. So I bought it :)

I was going going to get the Olympus C5050 if the Fuji truly didn't have
decent image quality. I really wanted the Olympus C8080 but it was 500
flimsy Canadian dollars more than the 5 MGP cameras. But since its on
sale, I was saving money - not really spending more :)

My wife was impatient and wanted me to get a camera and told me to get the
8080 :) I have to pay with these feable malnourished Canadian dollars, so
it cost me more that what Jack quoted.

Now all I have to do is master color gum :) I now need to buy a new
computer.

Gord

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jack Fulton wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2004, at 10:42 PM, Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:
>
> One of the cameras I'm considering is a Fuji Finepix S7000. Its in the
> same price range and has similar features to the Canon Powershot G5,
> Nikon
> Coolpix 5400, Olympus C5060, except that the Fuji is a 6 megapixel
> camera,
> while the others are 5 megapixel.
>
> However one review I read was very critical of the image quality of the
> camera, and none of the camera shops I went to have print outs to
> compare
> image quality of each camera.
>
> Gord:
> 1st, looking @ web prices, the Fuji can be purchased for $485 @
> RadioActiveDeals. I have not checked but you might need to buy the
> battery or CompactFlash card. The cards can be purchased cheaper @
> COSTCO.
> However, consider the Olympus 8080 for $560 @ RoyalCamera.com. The rep
> has let me 'borrow' one for the past month and it is excellent.
> Magnesium body, 2 cards, RAW files,
> 28-140mm equivalent to 35mm zoom + additional digital zoom.
> It's easy to use . . I have nearly mastered it w/out being provided
> w/a manual. The images easily blow up to 12 x something w/no
> sharpening. I do use some nifty sharpening methods to make it look
> snappier.
> Buy both and return the one you don't want. That is what credit cards
> are for.
> Jack Fulton

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2