Polaroid 545 question

From: Nick ^lt;n23n@comcast.net>
Date: 07/22/04-08:59:27 PM Z

I've decided to explore Polaroid transfer and have gotten a Polaroid 545
film back pretty cheap--well that last part remains to be seen!!
I've never had any experience with this sort of equipment before, I have
film on order but not in hand yet. I'm hoping someone can tell me if
the device is working properly from my description of how it is acting. I
only intend to use this under an enlarger by the way.

The rollers look ok but when you move the lever from P to L the rollers open
up but seem to reach a maximum separation of a few
millimeters when the lever is only halfway through it's travel then after
the halfway point begin to go together again. It seems as though the
rollers should continue to open as the lever travels through out the entire
path making me think that the cam may broken and the rollers will not open
enough at the halfway point to load the film. I want to try to return this
ASAP if it is not going to usable.

Thanks for any help

Nicky