Re: Here's why... Re: Why no Attachments?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 07/25/04-09:41:15 PM Z

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> I, for one, would never open any attachments from anyone from the list. I
> barely open them from people I know. And I have virus software, too...

Oh yeah -- about 3 times a day I get e-mail supposedly from someone on the
list, with an attachment that is certainly a virus, probably one that
would kill everyone on this block. I can afford the luxury of opening
because I write in Pine on the host shell, not my own computer, so I won't
get the virus.... but in any event I usually just delete.

Virus software is good I suppose for same old same old viri going the
rounds, but no protection against the new ones, which requires victims to
be the early warning.

J.