Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...

From: Jeff Dilcher ^lt;dilcher@hiddenworld.net>
Date: 07/29/04-12:11:20 PM Z

Hi folks,

Thanks for answering my questions. I may work with just silver based contact printing, at least
until I am confident in my digital negative enlargements- if I can get that process down to my satisfaction,
then I'll go full tilt, and build the UV box and try some more exotic alt processes.

I think my initial challenges are going to be consistantly getting a negative with what I consider to be a smooth
and accurate tonal scale. I've been reading some Burkholder, and some other stuff on the net. I have an Epson 1280,
and have been getting reasonable quality doing standard inkjet paper prints w/ quadtone inks.

Perhaps I should start w/ something more basic as to paper/developer while I am first twiddling w/ negative
enlargment? I hate to waste to much expensive paper and developer.

Also, don't know if many of you are doing inkjet negatives, but was wondering if anyone has any comments
on relative merits of this pictorico high gloss white film:

http://www.pictorico.com/Secure/eCommerce/Catalog.asp?prdc=8