Digital negative - was: Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...

From: Sam Wang ^lt;stwang1@bellsouth.net>
Date: 07/29/04-12:58:13 PM Z

Hi Jeff,

If you can hold off for just a few more days, Mark Nelson's book will be out and it will give you the
exact information you'll need for making digital negatives, for silver as well as for "other alt processes".

As a beta tester, I was able to get negatives that printed beautifully on silver as well as Pt/Pd. This is
very exciting, since some of the originals were 7x17 and 12x20 negatives - important images that I
had a hard time printing previously, for one reason or another. Now I can not only make negatives that
print easily and predicatably, but also making variations in tonal relationships.

I imagine it's the same as a musician playing with the same score but each time jazzing it up a bit
differently, not something readily available to us in the past because of restrictions of traditional films
and development.

Sam Wang