Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@uslink.net>
Date: 06/03/04-10:04:21 AM Z

Tom,
     Sam is the one to answer the cyano part of your question, although I do
print it
fully--if I don't, then I have to print another layer of blue on top of the
tricolor-not a bad thing.
     I never have to reprint yellow so it could be you need more yellow in
your mix, or, as Katharine says, the yellow is too light. If my images err
on the side of imbalance, they are too yellow.
     Good way to test is double the pigment in your yellow mix for the next
print, with all other variables the same, and see if that doesn't solve your
problem.
     When I coat on my yellow coat, it is Ronald McDonald Yellow on the
paper, even without dichromate. It looks horrible on top of the cyano layer,
and when exposed I have this ugly greeny yellow print that looks like it
won't resurrect, but then the magenta layer brings out all the colors
correctly.
Chris