Re: Consider NJ

From: Wayne D ^lt;wdewitt@snip.net>
Date: 06/05/04-02:14:34 PM Z

Judy,

The towns that are substantial enough to maintain a boardwalk usually have a
decent downtown area, as well as amusement/attraction areas also. There are
probably at least 20 "Boardwalks" in NJ but since you're concentrating on
people you'll need easy access to heavy foot traffic. I'd recommend: Avon by
the Sea, Seaside Heights, Wildwood, Point Pleasant, Ocean City and Sea Isle
City. Although I haven't been there in many years Atlantic City might be
worth investigation also (I've heard that it's been cleaned-up some). One
thing to remember is that many beach communities in New Jersey require the
purchase of "Beach Tags" to get anywhere near the water in most built-up
communities, and each community has it's own system of tags - boardwalks are
exempt from this requirement.

Check these links for some info:

http://www.funnj.com/water/beach/

http://www.surfline.com/travel/surfmaps/us/new_jersey/index.cfm