Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 06/05/04-04:36:30 PM Z

My very unfinished dig neg curves have the same max density for all
pigments. The shape of the curves varies for different pigments, but
not the DMax or "overall" density range. Again, I've just started with
dig negs for gum, so consider this tentative!

On Saturday, June 5, 2004, at 03:01 PM, Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Katherine,
>
> No, haven't heard the official word yet from Kevin at Stouffer's on
> the tablet/wedge controversy.  Geez, I hope Kevin isn't lost again!
>
> On my original question regarding printing yellow, was it the
> consensus that yellow prints with the same number of steps as any
> other color, given all else being equal?  Well as equal as can be with
> gum?
>
> Or should I just throw out all the yellow gummibears in the box?
>
> Mark Nelson
> www.precisiondigitalnegatives.com
>
> In a message dated 6/5/04 1:03:10 PM, kthayer@pacifier.com writes:
>

> Back to your original question about the Stouffer steps, Tom, I have a
> late and probably not very useful answer for you, but since I have it
> I'll share it anyway.  When you asked this question on Wednesday, I was
> curious whether I would get this same result with PY110, so I went out
> to the studio and printed a (Mark, did you decide whether it's a wedge
> or a tablet?) and put it in the water, and then forgot all about it. I
> spent the next couple of days cleaning up the grass around the
> fenceposts and trees and whatnot and  planting the last of my baskets
> and planters, so I didn't get back to the studio til this morning, and
> there was the step print that I had forgotten all about, still floating
> in the water.

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com