Re: 5 Digital Camera Questions

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 06/09/04-11:31:18 PM Z

Judy,
I'm assuming you have one of the "cheaper" consumer model digital cameras.
Though you don't mention which one. A lot of these cheaper models have some
very frustrating "quirks."

All digital equipment eats batteries for breakfast. If your battery is dying
off faster than you should expect, it might be an old battery. The fun
little LCD screens are the biggest power hogs onboard. Some cameras have a
way to turn off the LCD screen. If you find yourself running out of juice,
this may save your skin.
Also, make sure you run your battery all the way down to zero before you
recharge it. this helps keep the battery toned.

One trick I learned by accident: download your user's manual and save it to
CD. Then, when you're looking for the button that controls the who-haw
settings when you're shooting in Yamaguchi mode, you can just do a key word
search... BTW - don't throw away your manual. It's still way easier to use
out in the field when you suddenly have to figure out why your camera says
it's locked or something equally stupid....

Best of luck!

Barry

Barry Kleider
Photographer. Arts Educator.