Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 06/11/04-09:34:47 AM Z

Thanks Christina. I have achieved yellow happiness. With the new
pigment, my first prints were too yellow :-)

Actually they have a slight "split tone". The deep shadows were
slightly cool, the midtones and highlights warm. Time for another tweak
of the curves, one more day of test printing, then stop with the tests
and print/play for real for a while. Gum is too variable for perfection
quests. Gum printers have to learn to embrace that flexibility or be
constantly frustrated.

On Sunday, June 6, 2004, at 04:41 PM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> PS BTW, Tom Ferguson, even with the paler nickel titanate layer in the
> Wang
> process, as opposed to the cadmium yellow, I still did not need to
> reprint a
> yellow layer--it was plenty yellow.

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com