Re: old vs. new cyanotype

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 06/11/04-03:11:18 PM Z

Hi Bob & Gordon,

I don't know its formula but I have used 2 to 4 drops of ILFOTOL (the Ilford
conterpart of Kodak's Photo-Flo) per 20ml of classic cyanotype with good
results. The sensitizer flows much better on paper (but you have to be a
little quicker when brushing because it is absorbed quicker) and the paper
gets matte much faster (takes about half the time when used), dMax is
slightly better (but I'm not sure if this solely due to ILFOTOL usage, I
started to develop in %0.5 citric acid - can this be considered as a minute
amnt.? - at the same time with ILFOTOL and maybe the better dMax is caused
by ultra-mild citric acid development).

Regards,
Loris.