Re: powdered albumen

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@uslink.net>
Date: 06/16/04-06:27:13 AM Z

Thanks Bob, Judy, Kees,
     I've got my stack of 9 PF's on my kitchen table ready to comb thru as
soon as I get through the 153 articles out of the BJP..I keep telling myself
I'll be done in a week, and then another week goes by. At least I gum print
at the same time so research has its benefits :)
     Kees, yes, dichromate hardens albumen, as it is a colloid.
     I unfortunately have a very sensitive nose and it smells a little
earthy for me. Hence the possibility of powdered albumen, which I thought
might smell less. Maybe I can add Chanel No. 5 to it...
     What I needed to know tho was exactly what you told me: that it looks
the same as regular albumen. That's great! Off to the grocery store.
chris