Re: Foxlee Gum Process

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/26/04-12:49:31 PM Z

Well, as happens so often with these one-sample tests, my results are
largely uninterpretable and inconclusive.

There was one clear finding:no pigmented image or even the ghost of one
formed in either condition: pressure or no pressure. So at least the
laws of dichromated colloids are still working as I would have expected
and I don't have to eat crow, as I said I would if a pigmented image
appeared in the print that was not under pressure.

But I don't believe I've shed any light on the pressure question one way
or the other, and what's more I got a weird very faint light yellow
overall stain that I don't have any idea what it is. It looks like a
very faint stain of unreacted dichromate but doesn't clear like it
should if that's what it is, and it's not the right color to be a
pigment stain or a dark reaction. At any rate the stain is so very faint
that it wouldn't have obscured an image if one had appeared, but just
the same I don't know what it is, and that puzzles me.

Speaking of hexavalent chromium, this week's crime story from my neck of
the woods: someone who was mad at a dairy farmer killed some of his cows
and made others sick by splashing them with some hexavalent chromium
substance (the authorities won't disclose what it was other than
Cr(VI)). Anyway, something to ponder on while we splash around in our
tubs of dichromate; "this stuff could kill a cow." Cheers,

Katharine

. With this I am testing neither Foxless's or