Re: Gum Tri-Color Yellow

From: Kees Brandenburg ^lt;ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: 06/30/04-01:38:24 AM Z

>there
>are two forms of PV19: gamma and beta. It's the gamma form that gives
>the rose-red color; the beta is very definitely violet, not reddish.

I noticed that too. I have been using Schmincke Ruby Red PV19-gamma
and Winsor & Newton Permanent Magenta PV19-beta.

Although both PV19 there is a huge difference and the fact that they
have the same pigment number is very misleading.

W&N Permanent Magenta is a somewhat muddy purple. Schmincke Ruby Red
is a very clear and vibrant magenta-red (which I prefer).

Kees