Kallitypes

From: LAMANTIA, TAMARA L ^lt;LAM00005@byui.edu>
Date: 03/02/04-07:50:04 PM Z

Sandy--

I read your article and I think I'm going to start using your formula. Is it better to start with dry chemicals and mix my own or to buy the premixed chemicals for example the ferric oxalate? Also, I've been using arches platino paper. My teacher recommended it. I've noticed that after the 40 min wash, it starts to break down. Another photo major offered to let me use his watercolor paper. Will either of those work or do I need to go with another paper. I want a sepia tone to my final image and in your article it did not include sepia toning. Can I tone them with a sepia toner or would it be better to go with another toner? Final question---for now. I have some test prints that didn't work out. If I scanned those in and put them on a webpage, would you be willing to let me know what's wrong with them? My teacher and I both think it may have been older ferric oxalate but due to lack of experience, neither of us know. If you could look at them, that would be great. Thanks!

Tamara