Re: PT/PD and humidity redux

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias ^lt;jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net>
Date: 03/03/04-06:58:39 AM Z

As a suggestion, place your humidified sheet on a scale and watch how
fast the weight changes. By the way, humidity in the paper is not
neccessarily higher with a thicker paper, but the amount of water in the
heavier paper is expected to be more. Once you discover how fast the
weight of the humidified paper can change you may come to the
realization that to control such humidity in the paper, especially for
repeatable results, the RH of the coating room should be controled (as
well as the temperature. I reported some of this in the Wet Dry Drying
Study in my e-guide several years ago. My latest work area (in
construction) includes a separate room just large enough for coating in
which temperature and humidity are regulated.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/