Re: PT/PD and humidity redux

From: Carl Weese ^lt;cweese@earthlink.net>
Date: 03/03/04-03:36:07 PM Z

My thought on thicker paper was that it might take a bit longer for the
humidity to raise or lower. My guess is that different papers will take
more or less moisture depending on their makeup.

This is correct. Arches Platine, a fairly thick paper, gains and loses
moisture rapidly. Stonehenge, a lighter sheet, takes much longer to gain or
lose moisture. More odd, I find that Stonehenge takes longer to dry after
coating if heat is used. Plain air at 60% humidity preps the sheet quicker.
Dunno if eye shadow will help.---Carl