Re: Advice on Microscope

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 03/04/04-12:16:02 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy King" <sanking@clemson.edu>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: Advice on Microscope

> I want to thank everyone who offered advice re: my
question about
> microscopes, and to those who offered assistance in my
project,
> especially Gordon and Ryuji.
>
> My needs are not complicated, however, and I believe that
everything
> I want to do can be satisfied with a fairly low-power unit
of
> 40-100X. I looked on ebay for several days and eventually
purchased a
> fairly old, but apparently well-built, professional
instrument made
> by Bausch and Lomb.
>
> Now I have got to figure out how to actually make
photographs with it.

> Sandy King

  What type of eyepiece does it have? Most research
microscopes are binocular types which make photography
through them more difficult. Better if its a monocular, or,
if you are very lucky, it has a third tube, which is for a
camera. I suspect it would not be difficult to rig a
television camera to any pattern of microscope, they don't
need much light.
  Another idea is to search your library for books on
microscopy, there are a number. Also, Kodak at one time had
some good booklets photomicroscopy, there may still be
something available from them.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA