Tmax 100 and UV Blocking

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 03/05/04-02:00:24 PM Z

I just spoke to Dick Arentz about the question of UV blocking in Tmax
100 film. After being alerted to the potential problem of this film,
first discussed on this list, he tested Tmax 100 with Pt/Pd and
confirms that the effective UV blockage is approximately three full
stops.

So unless you lust after very long exposures you might want to
eliminate this film from your sack of tricks for Pt/Pd printing, and
most likely for all other alternative processes based on exposure
with UV radiation.

Just for the record, I have not measured any UV blocking of this
magnitude in Tmax 400, or for that matter in any other films by Kodak
or Ilford.

Sandy King