Re: Charcoal Prints

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 03/07/04-02:04:52 PM Z

I don't disagree with your point at all; but with this particular issue
I disagree strongly. I have to assume you don't make fine furniture. In
fact, hand-cut dovetails are still superior to those cut with a router
jig, as is most joinery, such as mortise and tenon vs the dowels used in
machine made furniture. The wood used in hand-made furniture is also
allowed to show, vs covering the grain with fillers and the like
intended to disguise the wood used. I won't belabor this point; but it's
more than just a "hand-made" label that matters. I think the same
applies to photography, the control the artist has over materials
matters in the end result.

Pam