RE: Digital Carbon Negatives

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 03/07/04-05:06:40 PM Z

Jack,

Since no one has replied to you about Keith's method of colorization
here are the values he gave at APIS.

C=0
M=45
Y=100
B=51

Keith can be contacted at:

mailto:keith@jkschreiber.com

You can view his web site at:

http://jkschreiber.com/.

In a nut shell here are the steps he out lined.

Edit, size and sharpen in Photo Shop

Convert to indexed color (you may have to convert to 8 bit mode first)
Apply Color Table - Image->Mode->Color Table
Click and drag from top left to bottom right to open color picker

Set the color values listed above

Print driver settings

Media Type - Photo Glossy Film
Ink - Color
Max - DPI

Micro weave - grayed out
High Speed - grayed out
Flip Horizontal
Edge Smoothing - No
No Color Management
Source Space - Untagged RGB
Print Space - Untagged RGB

If my notes are correct Keith said he uses Photo Warehouse transparency
film

Basic sensitizer ratio: 1ml FO; 1 ml Palladium; 1 drop 2.5% Na2

The negatives produced are strongly reminiscent of PMK pyro stained film
but will probably print in about 5 minutes.

Hope this helps,

Don Bryant

UV