Re: Digital Carbon Negatives

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 03/08/04-08:17:45 AM Z

From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
Subject: Re: Digital Carbon Negatives
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:03:36 -0500

> But I have a question. I have some Benzotriazole. Suppose I make a
> 10% solution of Benzotriazole. As a starting point how many ml of
> this 10% solution would you suggest adding per liter of working
> developer if the goal is to cut B+F in half, say from log 0.50 to log
> 0.25.

I don't know. Antifoggants are related to the fog part only, and they
won't make a dent on the base part. Plus, each film is different;
films usually contain antifoggants such as
1-phenyl-5-mercaptotetrazole in varying amounts and how much you need
to put in to the developer solution depends on the choice of film.

I'd still use the starting point I suggested in the previous
post. Developing time most likely needs adjustment. Also, deliberate
use of benzotriazoles or PMT in relatively large quantity would lower
speed and modify sensitometric characteristics while reducing the fog.

10% 1H-benzotriazole solution is possible if you use methanol or
something, but I find 1% aquaous solution is more handy in darkroom.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)