Re: kallytypes

From: James Young ^lt;jamiehy@tds.net>
Date: 03/09/04-04:40:22 PM Z

>Toning the image in a heavily diluted palladium, platinum or gold solution can
>fix a lot of these problems. The paper source may also be the cause.
>

>Selon JUAN MIGUEL JUSDADO <jusdado@teleline.es>:
>
>> Hello to the whole list.
>> When my kallytypes is totally dry, he/she can a silver shine it turns in
>> some areas, mainly in the densest.
>> Reason this happens?.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> Pardon for my English, text translated by computer.

I'm curious to try the toning.
  I've found that I get silvering with my van dykes ( a kind of Kallytype)
when I have an uneven coating, with the silvered area being the part
with the heaviest coating.I've been lightly smoothing out my coating
with a paper towel which soaks up the extra solution . I've been
applying with a brush and the side I start with is already drying by
the time I get to the other side of the print, so even coating has
been a challenge for me. The prints are up to 110" by 16", and the
paper towel smoothing has been helpful.
Try a thinner more even coating and see if that helps. I'm guessing
about what is causing the silvering, so if anyone knows the real
cause let us all know. Jamie Young