Re: kallytypes

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 03/09/04-02:52:08 PM Z

In my opinion this silver shine is most likely solarization that
results form over-exposure in the shadow areas. It is caused by the
fact that your negative is of very high contrast so by the time there
is sufficient density in the highlights the shadows have been
drastically over-exposed. The remedy is to reduce the contrast or
density range of your negatives.

As someone already mentioned this look can be reversed in all but the
most severe cases by toning with gold, palladium or platinum.

Sandy