RE: enlarged negs - questions on process

From: Monnoyer Philippe ^lt;monnoyer@imec.be>
Date: 03/12/04-04:28:58 AM Z

Hello Ian,

There are several possibilities as you saw. I totally agree with your point of view. That's why I started to test halftone direct duplicating films (it still exists but for other purposes and markets).
I found and recommend the AGFA PD3p direct duplicating film (sold for aerial photography duplication) and the medical duplicating film from FUJI, blue base. This one as an amazingly linear response !!! The contrast is tunable and the films are orthochromatic.
You duplicate your negs as easy as you would print a B/W paper (plus burning and dodging options).

I still have to experiment further but these films are really promising. I now have sensitometric curves available. I tought I could start to have it manufactured in large format and sell it, but DHL or FedEx charge too much to send it overseas.
The size of the AGFA film is limited to 10"x10" unless you order a custom production.

Let us know your findings,

Philippe