Re: Yupo, was Re: Temperaprint & Gum

From: Richard Sullivan ^lt;richsul@earthlink.net>
Date: 03/14/04-11:14:38 AM Z

Kate,

It's like coating the hood of a freshly waxed Buick. It indeed puddles. I
suppose what I did was fill in the holes and wiped of the surface moisture.
It's very odd material and perhaps worth experimenting with. There are
synthetic paper like products for inkjet printing that act all intents the
same as they are also microporous. I is almost a certainty that if it works
for you on one of these these, Melinex will work as well. Almost all the
shiny glossy pro inkjet materials are now microporous. The also have some
with a matte surface material that is clay coated -- but I think this is
something different from what is known in the printing trade as clay
coated. Colloids won't stay on this stuff any better than hair stays on
Bruce Willis.

If anyone knows of a smooth gel coated paper that is not microporous and
not enlarging paper please let me know.

--Dick