uv with metal halide vs florescent bulbs

From: Jim Collum ^lt;jcollum@airespace.com>
Date: 03/14/04-04:07:31 PM Z

I have been printing Ziatypes using COT 320 for a few months now. i've
been using a a UV light box (Edwards Engineered, with florescent bulbs),
and Pictorico OHP for the negatives. There has always been a slight fog
through the OHP.. could never get as deep a dmax as exposing the bare
paper. I just moved to doing larger negatives, and have a Nuarc 1kS
with a metal halide bulb. The difference is dmax is remarkable. I had
never been able to get these blacks with florescent bulbs. Is this to be
expected (not really complaining here :^) ?

         jim