Re: Paraformaldehyde

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 03/17/04-07:40:49 PM Z

A question to Ryuji &Tom . . . I've had a near gallon of Formalin (37%
formaldehyde) in a plastic bottle, sitting in my darkroom, for a couple
of decades. I've kept it from my days of working in the Agfa color
process in the 60's and 70's before it was taken from the market.

Do you think my Formalin is still good? Has is perhaps become
depolymerized or somehow 'turned' and therefore not usable?

I have retained it to use only now and then as a hardening agent.

Thanks
Jack Fulton