Re: Re: silly paper wetting question

From: jpptprnt@verizon.net
Date: 03/19/04-04:00:47 PM Z

Katharine>

I emboss/deboss my 4x5 images into 300lb water color paper. I used Arches HP
for a long time. I had a box of print or two that I was taking to show some
one. It was a hot day with no ac in the car when we opened the print boxes
the oder was on the strong side, I said to the gallery owner I don't thinks
its the prints that stink but that it may be the boards. He asked me to
change the mounts and then carried my work for about two and half years. I
asked Areches what they used in the W/c paper but they would not say. Small
amounts of formaldhayde(sp) are used to preserve things as well.

What ever is going on looks as though it is keeping the coating material from
dispersing into the surface of the prints (you already know that). But it
looks like the sizing? maybe is not correct.

One of my dreams is to vitit a number of paper making plants to see what and
how they do it (fat chance)

all the best

Jan Pietrzak