Re: Vernice Brillante Tempera

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 03/21/04-04:27:52 AM Z

> > For the finish-coating of gumprints I use 'Vernice Brillante Tempera'
>> from Maimeri, Italy. It contains Acrylic resin and White spirit.
>

>Is there any way to get that short of travelling to Italy?

I just buy it in an art-shop in Maastricht (you know, that city in
the south of the Netherlands, well-known after the agreements
concerning budgets, the euro etc. of the different countries of
Europe.....)

> And Henk, tell
>me again -- what is white spirit??? I forget whether it's alcohol or
>mineral spirits or naptha or....???

We call it 'wasbenzine' in the Netherlands, and yes my dictionnary
says 'benzine'....

>And how do you apply it? Brush? Spray??

With a brush ; but for the cleaning and the final finish it is
comparable to the description of 'bromoil on aluminium' in PF#9.
  We are looking forward dear Judy :-)

>thanks,
>

>J.

But I have a question too, what is 'tween'. I bought a small bottle
by Silverprint, but if I know what it is I could try to find it in
Holland.
Thanks ,
Henk

--