Re: The Great Scanner debate - round one

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 03/21/04-12:58:04 PM Z

Apart Sandy's neat suggestion... I've read some people
are wet mounting their negative onto scanner glass
(using special fluids designed for drum scanners - I
remember them mentioning "Kami mounting fluid" ->
http://www.kami-produkte.de/english/sxl.html). They
say this way they can get rid of Newton rings, keep
the negative flat and most importantly have better
scans (due to mounting fluid somehow increasing
sharpness/contrast).

Regards,
Loris.