RES: The Great Scanner debate - round one

From: Ricardo Wildberger Lisboa ^lt;wildberger@svn.com.br>
Date: 03/21/04-10:29:17 PM Z

Dear Friends

I read on the December 2003 issue of Shutterbug an ad of Microtek's new
scanner i900. With 4.2 max. optical density and the possibility to scam
transparencies up to 8x10 on a glassless way, legal size flat bed and
optical resolution of 6400x3200 dpi, and also bundled with all those
retouching software we get with Epson's scanners, it seems the perfect
solution for all we're looking for, specially for the shadows noise problem.
Strangely enough, however, even Microtek's web site doesn't mention it yet,
and I couldn't find it available in any stores on line. Does any one of you
know any more about this announced new product? Thank you,

Ric.