Re: large film holders

From: Linas Kudzma ^lt;lkudzma@earthlink.net>
Date: 03/24/04-10:44:24 AM Z

Sandy is of course correct in saying there is no firm ULF film holder standard for older cameras. When I used a home built 8x20 I used two holders that had different placement of the light trap ridge. I cut two slots in the back to accommodate both. One holder was an old Korona and the other an S&S. Both holders had identical exterior and "T" dimensions (Korona style), but the light trap placement was radically different.

When I eventually bought a Korona 8x20 camera, with two matched holders, I was lucky that the S&S holder fit the Korona back with only a very slight modification to the existing S&S ridge. BTW, the workmanship of S&S holders is fantastic!

Linas

Linas Kudzma
lkudzma@earthlink.net