Re: Indirect toning with KRST

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 03/26/04-02:04:46 AM Z

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Indirect toning with KRST
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:31:06 -0800

> Something which eluded my memory before is that KRST is
> given by Kodak as an alternative to Sodium Sulfide as a test
> for completeness of fixing. The test is a 1:9 dilution. Now,
> I haven't tried this with the current KRST, perhaps it no
> longer works.

That's a possibility, but as far as I know, KRST always contained
thiosulfate. Maybe the proportion got changed. Maybe the "sulfide
impurity" theory of Doug Nishimura and others is related, in relation
to Judy's anecdotal report.

> Kodak stated that it was longer lasting than
> the sulfide solution and did not have the odor. However, it
> fails where there is a large excess of hypo. If it can be
> used as a test for halide it should work as a redeveloper.

I agree 100% to this.

> For some reason it completely slipped my mind, perhaps
> because this is a different application.

Yeah I know, this mailing list is like a special commission
investigating invation by argentophillic terrorist into argentophobic
state, or something like that. Time to start a neoclassical process
list or something.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)