obscure arcane knowledge

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 03/26/04-08:10:23 PM Z

      The computer tech tried to use the discs to reprogram the hard drive.. They all had errors.. He said he was certain the discs were defective due to the writing on them..
      One factor that I had not mentioned is that the Sharpies I had used were the fine points.. This may have been a key factor as when viewed under a light, the breakthrough in the metallic membrane ( matt side with the writing which has the metallic coating ) occurred generally at the point when starting or ending a letter.. We were certain it was the writing on the discs with the Sharpie that caused the errors.
    John Cremati