obscure arcane knowledge

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 03/26/04-11:13:45 PM Z

        Some other factors may be that the discs were in fact store brand
discs (Office Max) which I too believe are a inferior disc when compared to
Name brands such as Sony , Maxwell, ect.. The name brands appear to have a
heavier metallic coating .
      Also, I live on the Lake Erie shoreline , which regular humidify
levels may be higher than in other parts of the country.. Possibly the
Sharpie writing damaged the CD just enough and the atmosphere finished it
off. I keep the discs in a second floor non air conditioned room...They
were all stored in plastic cases..
John Cremati