Re: uranium oxide

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 03/29/04-09:04:00 AM Z

DU is a byproduct from "enriched" uranium, which is used to create
components for nuclear weapons.

Depleted Uranium has 40 percent less Uranium-235 than it had whilst
"natural." This do not mean it is less radioactive, only that it has
less Uranium-235: a genuine heavy metal, at about 1.7 times the weight
of lead.

Depleted Uranium Oxide is in fact a troubling substance linked to Cancer
deaths from the use of Deplete Uranium rounds. When a round impacts
with a target about 40% of the round is converted to Uranium Oxide.

Fears in the UK's Guardian about Depleted Uranium rounds in Iraq:
<http://tinyurl.com/z60g>

A piece on deplete Uranium and cancer on Vieques (were I served on
combined forces operations as a USAF weatherman:
<http://tinyurl.com/3dgxy>

Here's an Australian Department of Defense piece on the risks.
<http://tinyurl.com/2v6wq>

I sure wouldn't be using the stuff without a respirator and appropriate
protective measures/clothing.

Keith Krebs

"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
Publications), at:
and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at: