Re: Carbon Color

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 03/30/04-03:13:53 PM Z

Ok, I guessed good then; it's all to do with the
concentration of tannic acid. Thanks for clarifying.
Will try the concentrations you suggested - because I
really liked the color you've achieved - I it works
with the paper I use (unfortunately we don't have
Waterford here in Istanbul). I want to tone cyanotypes
but not to the extent they look like vandykes - this
is not much logical as it takes considerably more time
than making an ordinary vandyke ;). The sole reason I
can think for toning cyanotypes brown, is to save
costly-to-me negative material by using the same
negative to make both blue and brown prints.

Merci pour votre aide précieuse. J'aime bien vos
tirages.

Amitie,
Loris.

P.S. I see some very nice brown - blue split toned
cyanotypes in alternativephotography.com site; anybody
with a "bulletproof" method for achieving this? (is
the solution bleaching in sodium carbonate?)

http://users.skynet.be/philippe.berger/cyanodemo.html