Re: Glutaraldehyde: a cautionary tale (LONG!)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/31/04-10:16:21 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

. So if the
> glutaraldehyde affected me (which I do think is the most reasonable
> explanation, though it's only an anecdote and can't be considered a
> scientific finding)

There are ways of making this a scientific finding; for example there is
a research design called an "ABAB Single-Subject Design." It would
require at least one repeat of the iteration, and two would be better.
If I exposed myself to the stuff again, and the same effects were
observed, and the effects went away after the stuff was removed, then it
would be clearer, and if it happened three times, I'd call it a finding.
But you know what? I'm not willing to be the subject in that experiment.
kt