Re: fabriano paper

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/05/04-04:13:06 AM Z

Hi Chris,
I keep hearing what a great paper this is. I ignored it at first,
believing the marketing hype that said it was exactly the same paper
that had been called Fabriano Uno. Since I truly detest that paper, I
had no reason to want to try the same paper with a different name. But I
finally came to understand that it's not the same paper. (Why the
company would make that claim when it's not so is beyond me.) A gal at
Daniel Smith promised to send me several samples of the paper to try,
but instead of sending several samples of the model and surface I was
interested in, she just sent me samples of every paper in every surface
made under the fabriano name. So I had only one 2x3" piece of the
extra-white hot press, and my one little test on that tiny piece of
paper didn't exactly make my socks roll up and down. I guess I need to
get some bigger pieces to work with. BTW, I tried the soft-press surface
back in 1995 or so when they first brought it out and sent out samples
to everyone in the mail. I didn't like it very well, but like they say,
different strokes for different folks.
kt