Re: fabriano paper

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 05/06/04-07:59:41 AM Z

From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: fabriano paper
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:20:46 -0400

> Both catalogs do describe the sizing, which I am more interested in:
> "externally and internally sized with a specially formulated, gelatin-free
> sizing that is odorless when wet.

Besides gelatin and "starches" what are used as sizing material?

I wonder if the sizing in this paper is retained in my processing,
where the sensitizer is coated at 35-40C.

> However, if the sizing is suitably retained after a preshrink and
> you can print three layers of gum on that with no added sizing and
> no staining and get a snappy gum print, I call that a suitable
> paper.

Do you see any relation between degree of shrinking and sizing?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)