Re: A kallitype gallery

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 05/17/04-10:28:26 PM Z

Re: A kallitype gallerySandy,

That is roughly correct assuming a density of about 1.0, but I would guess the actual density of K.R.S. to be slightly higher. I usually weigh out the K.R.S. rather than use a volumetric measurement. Incidentally, I am interested in a way to measure the completion of silver to silver selenide during toning. The toning proceeds so rapidly with kallitypes that it makes me curious just how far it has gone. The kinetics of selenium toning is probably a function of the size of the silver grains.

Regards,

Michael